11 April 2010

The Great Wolf Lodge

A few weeks ago, my family and I enjoyed three wondeful days at Great Wolf Lodge in Concord, North Carolina--outside of Charlotte. I highly recommend if you have a chance to visit this lodge in a city near you-please do!!

When you walk into the lodge you feel very welcome and overwhelmed with all the lodge has to offer. The lobby desk staff answered every question I had and I noticed right away--it's a child friendly place. You will see kids walking around and eating in the restaurant with their pj's on! You can also buy a pass and with this pass your child can enjoy extra activies. As you walk around the lodge, you will notice wolves are everywhere--outside, pictures on the walls and several are on the fire place in the main lobby.

The Lodge is shaped like a horse shoe and our room was at the end of the shoe and believe me we done our share of walking. The rooms come in different sizes with a microwave, refrigerator and a deck(I thought we were in a one bed-room apartment) and the rooms are very clean.

The main attraction is the water park and I must say it is HUGH! One thing I did notice about the water park are the life guards. They are eveywhere, constanly moving--never sitting down. The park has a pool that makes waves and I noticed a life guard was in the water at all times.

I am sorry, I cannot tell you about the food(due to my fasting before surgery), but my daughter and husband informed me the breakfast was great! The restaurant is buffet and all I call tell you is: it all looked good to me and you have so much to choose from.

Even now my daughter and I will say to each other how much we miss, The Great Wolf Lodge, but we know we will be going back soon.

Best
Tracy :)

9 comments:

Nancy M. said...

I would really love to visit there! We used to live right above Concord, in Kannapolis. I've heard it's pretty expensive, but it sure sounds like fun!

Sarah Laurence said...

It's good to see you out and having fun before your procedure. Fasting around plenty must have been hard. Good luck with it!

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Nancy

I hope you and your family can go oneday. It can be expensive,, but we took some food and cooked in the microwave--that saved us a lot!

Best
Tracy :)

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Sarah

Yes--it was very nice to get away and spend time with my family. The fasting was hard, but in the long run it will be worth it!

Thanks for your visit!

Best
Tracy :)

Barbara said...

That looks a very interesting and fun lodge to stay in Tracy. Liked enlarging the interior photos.

My fondest memories of the area are of staying in a friends home on the shores of Lake Norman.

Barbara said...

Hope all is going well for you as I imagine that you have your surgery well behind you by now.

Delwyn said...

Hi tracy

I have been thinking of you and wondering how your recovery is proceeding...I hope you are feeling good and ready to take on the world...

Happy days

Barbara said...

Thanks for your prayers Tracy. My second visit to the lodge!

Delwyn said...

It was nice to have you call by again Tracey, I hope you are happy and well

Happy days