21 March 2010

Hope Part 2

In my last post I said I would be sharing my thoughts on what the word hope means to me. For me hope means on 5 April, my life will be changing because after a lot of praying, talking with people and research, I will be having weight loss surgery(gastric bypass). I work for a large hospital in Greenville and the doctor that will be performing my surgey is part of our system and I trust him one hundred percent!

This surgery will give me hope on being a better mom to my daughter and a better wife to my husband. For ten years it has been other people taking my daughter to the Peace Center or BI-Lo Center for concerts--now I will be able to take her and not wonder will I fit in the seat. No more buying tickets duirng the hours I work and have to tell my daughter, "daddy will take you, because mom has to work."

Also, I will be able to travel, fly and see places I have always wanted to visit. I will be able to share those places with my daughter--Boston, Maine, going to the beach and getting in the ocean and hearing the waves. But the place I love the most and have wanted to go since I was seven is England.

I have also been thinking about a new blog(changing the name, but I will still write on South Carolina). I truly enjoy blogging--never thought people would read my blog. I started my blog to keep up with my writing and research skills. When I first started blogging I did worry about having readers, but I have come to enjoy the writing, taking pictures and seeing places I have never visited before(even in my own state). I just hope the people who read my blog can see how much I enjoy sharing my state with them.

If you have any suggestions on how I should do my new blog--please let me know by e-mail or write a comment on my blog. I will not post in April, but will be back in May.

Best
Tracy :)

PS: Yes there is hope for me and for everyone!!

6 comments:

Delwyn said...

Hi Tracy

I felt very emotional reading your post and want to wish you all the best for your surgery and to add to your hope with my thoughts and encouragement for your new outlook on life and your desire to be able to participate more fully.

I will be thinking of you on April 5 (I will be in NZ visiting my parents)

take care Tracy
Happy days

PS
I think you know best how you might like a new blog to appear and which direction it should take.
The new templates are interesting at blogger-draft and there are also free ones out in the blogrealm if you are computer savy you can change the look yourself.

Barbara said...

I do hope and pray that all goes well for you Tracy. Will be thinking of you.

Sarah Laurence said...

Best of luck with the surgery! It must help to think about the rewards. I'll be thinking of you.

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Delwyn
Thank-You so much for your kind words. I wish you a happy and safe trip to NZ and hope you have a great visit with your parents.

Best
tracy :)

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Barbara

Thank-You for your visit! I do apprecite your thoughts and prayers--never can have enough prayers when having surgery.

Best
Tracy :)

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Sarah

Thank-You and yes it does help to think of the rewards, but I still take one day at a time. I have had to fast for one month(5 shakes and a small meal everyday)and this has been a learning process for me.

Thanks for your visit!

Best
Tracy :)