01 November 2009

Poinsette Bridge

With my daughter in school and my husband at work, I decided to go on a small drive to Poinsette Bridge. The drive itself was beautiful with the sun out and the ever changing leave colors. The bridge is located on Old Highway 25 and if you are not paying attention you will drive pass the bridge. What caught my attention was the sound of Little Gap Creek that runs through the bridge.





Poinsette Bridge was built around 1820 and it was the only way one could travel from Greenville SC to Asheville NC. Looking at the bridge, I could not help but go back in time and wonder who travel across this bridge. I also wonder what the area looked like in the 1820's? Was it a wooded area or at that time were there houses in the area?





I do hope my pictures show the beauty of the bridge and the wonderful construction. For more information go to: Poinsett Bridge



Best
Tracy :)

7 comments:

Delwyn said...

Hi Tracy
it is a delightful bridge and a very lovely river too. Like you I always wonder about those who have gone before...

Happy days

Nancy M. said...

It's very pretty there! Great pictures!

Sarah Laurence said...

How delightful! I’m amazed by how green and leafy it is. Most of our leaves are down now.

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Delwyn

Thank-You--It is also a very nice place to walk and have think time.

Nancy

The first two pictures were taken by me--the last two were taken by my daughter and husband. I am learning that picture taken can be fun!

Sarah

I wonder if the shade has anything to do with this? I went up with my husband and daughter two weeks later and as you can tell by the pictures the leaves have not changed at all.

Best
Tracy :)

Barbara said...

Another nice visit.
Thank you for your kind offer b ut I have to say that I think my travelling days are over, but of course I have learned to never say 'never'!

Bee said...

Isn't it interesting that wonky, differently shaped stones are always more pleasing to look at than something uniform and synthetically made?

Point A and Point B sound wonderful to me; as does this stopping place.

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.